Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rewind to Mother's Day 2013

I meant to post on Mother's Day but I got so caught up in having a fabulous day that I forgot.  But the good times are as important to note, if not more so, than the not-so-good times.  My day started with my son picking me up for brunch, which he'd planned at Anthony's on Commencement Bay.  He was late picking me up so by the time I heard his car pull up I'd already had two bowls of Cheerios, and was grumbling about how some people don't value time and how the day was already starting in the toilet.  However, when I heard the knock at the door my attitude did an about face.  I figured he'd probably put a lot of thought into making the day perfect so I decided to shove my negativity into a hole and put some effort into enjoying myself instead.  And you know what?  I had the best day ever.  We were seated at a table that gave me a clear view of the water, which always calms me and I ordered the Belgium Waffle with warm blueberry compote.  It was so delicious I didn't want it to end.  Then my son and I chatted -- he filled me in on what was going on in his life and I did the same.  We sat at the table and talked for about an hour or so after completing our meal.  It was really nice spending time with my oldest child.

When I thought the day couldn't get any better, Michael called me and I enjoyed chatting and laughing with him.  I went to sleep that night with a big dorky smile on my face.  It had truly been the best day I'd had in a very long time.  My children and granddaughter are the best part of my world and I thank God every day for allowing me to be momma to Tony and Michael, and Noni to my Diamond and last but definitely not least, the mother-in-law to my son's wife, a really good lady.  I am so proud of them!


My crew above - my oldest son, Tony, on my right, my darling Michael on my left, next to him my beautiful daughter-in-law and my Diamond in the front.  How lucky am I?




"Sons are the anchors of a mother's life."
~Sophocles

No comments:

Post a Comment