Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I'm Back!

I'm back!  First surgery to remove tumor in my pancreas is out of the way, now I'm just trying to recover.  I got out of the hospital Sunday, July 21st. Below is a picture of me with my sister, Vickie, on the right, and my niece, Megan, on the left.  See, I'm still standing!

Ok so about the surgery, they had to remove the head of the pancreas, and what's left may still be producing insulin.  Tests are in progress to verify that one.  Until we know for sure, it looks like I'm insulin dependent, which sucks. The good, terrific, absolutely fabulous news...they got all of the cancer!  Thank you Dr. Flavio!   It's been almost two weeks since the operation and I'm not doing so bad for an old chick.  The stitches down the center of my body, and stopping above the waist line, were taken out last Wednesday.  However there were some fatty tissues that were taking their sweet time to heal so since last Wednesday, and doctor's orders, I've had to pack gauze into a hole that to my eyes seems to be about 12-inches long.  In reality it's probably about half an inch.  Nasty.  But it's getting better and I'm hoping that when I see my surgeon this Friday, I won't have to pack it anymore and the wound can get on with the business of healing.  I'm taking short walks mimicking the pace of an 90-year old woman but hey...I'm getting out there again. My oncologist will want me to start radiation/chemo therapy shortly, and I will find out a bit more about that on Friday too.



Stay tuned.  More to come on the saga that is currently my life.  Take good care of yourselves!


Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. –John Maxwell


No comments:

Post a Comment