Sunday, August 4, 2013

Happy Sunday!

Hey all happy Sunday! So I went back to Wapato Park yesterday.  It was my intent to walk around the thing.  But as I was standing by the lake and gazing around, it was hard to believe I’d ever made it six laps let alone do one.  To my eyes the park looked to be the length of four, five or six foot ball fields.  It must be how a three-year old feels standing at Dad’s feet, looking up and seeing a giant.  Yep, a walk around the lake, which I've done many times, has now become my giant.  Sooo...I started out, but didn’t make it very far before exhaustion and a little pull on my incision area had me turning back around and heading to my car.  But you know what?...I’ve got to at least make that first try even if it’s shoddy.  The next time I will look progress in the eyes and then bitch slap that first lap.

Friday, I had a visit with my surgeon and my oncologist.  My surgeon is happy because I’m obviously healing well, and my oncologist is happy because the pathology results showed the cancerous tumor that was removed from my body was very small and that all lymph nodes were clear.  Yea!  I get an entire month off to heal up completely, than I have an appointment on September 5th for another C-Scan and some other tests before choosing the radiation/chemo therapy I will have for 5 weeks straight.  Yikes!  Here we go with another test of courage.  Keep those prayers a coming ‘cause they are holding me upright to the finish line. 
Now because I need a bit of rejuvenation both physically and mentally before I start my five weeks of therapy, I’m planning a trip to the ocean at the end of August!  Yes…I want to stand on the beach and wiggle my toes in the warm sand, gaze at the awesomeness of God’s Terra firma, and get some natural healing from the salt water in the air.  I also want to eat breakfast at Pig 'N Pancake restaurant where my mom, Debbie and I used to eat when we visited Seaside, Oregon. 

Oh my goodness, I can’t wait! Bon Voyage!


You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

No comments:

Post a Comment