Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm Just Saying...

As nightmares go, mine sucked!  I posted it yesterday hot off the press and at the time after just waking up out of the throes of terror, it was really frightening.  But I wasn’t being chased by man-eating zombies.  No Freddie Kruger-like scary thing was chasing me from one dream to another trying to kill me – no, my “nightmare” was about being stuck in a cubicle with files all around me.  Seriously?  That wasn’t a nightmare folks, it is my day job, which by the way, with one surgery down and one to go, it is a job I’m getting closer to returning to, ergo the anxiety.   I’m rather embarrassed that I even posted it, and the first thing this morning it was my intention to hit delete.  But, since my “nightmare” may be associated with the emotional garbage, trials and tribulations that are associated with somebody (meaning me) dealing with cancer, I figured I’d allow it to remain a part of my story, regardless to how ridiculous.  So there you go.

To relieve some stress yesterday I went to my favorite park to work off what now appears to be anxiety caused by the fear of small cubicles.  I have to say, it was a really pleasant walk.  Now I have to be honest, I wouldn’t win any trophies for speed walking.  I am literally doing a leisurely walk around the lake.  No kidding, a three-year old toddler could pass me up, matter of fact, yesterday three toddlers and an elderly lady with a French poodle in a baby stroller whipped right past me.  I’m not kidding.  But I was alright with that.  I am in no hurry when I’m at the park.  I’m getting my butt up and actually getting out and exercising again, and it may take some more time to get up to speed, but I’ll get there.  It takes one moment at a time plus a little effort, right? Right.

Today is my day to not be out in the sun.  I’m just being lazy.  Also, I won’t be getting to the beach next week as I’d planned, however I’m hoping to spend some quality time visiting the zoo and eating stuff I shouldn’t be eating with my niece, Desiree, and my oldest son, Tony.  I’m looking forward to that.  I’ll keep you posted.  Ciao baby!

 “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.”
Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment