Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yesterday's Life


I wish I had yesterday’s life,
to wake up to trivial frustrations like sibling rivalry, job snobs and tribulations, cussing at insane drivers and all kinds of this and that --  in hindsight, all of which now seem so easily repaired, without cancer looking over my shoulders and consuming my every thought.

I wish I had yesterday’s dreams,
a cruise across the Pacific or Atlantic, a trip to Hawaii to visit my son and his wife, where I can play on the beach with my Diamond, giggling and wiggling toes in the warm sand, then sitting in awe as the sun sets, caught up in a fierce display of color as the sun is pushed aside by the night.  A trip to Italy would be nice, where I can walk up the steps of the Vatican like mom did, and who knows?...perhaps a surprise meeting with the Pope.   All without fear breathing the same air as my hopes and my dreams.

I wish I had yesterday’s moments,

when I laughed with the innocence of a child – uninhibited and without caution, without wondering...no, without worrying, what would come for me first, tomorrow or no…
I just wish I had yesterday’s life.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is so beautiful. I read it to Bobbe, he's been where you are. He is well now but, honestly, is still trying to find his way back to yesterday's life. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope the healing continues and, with time, you will find joy again!

    ReplyDelete