Monday, September 9, 2013

Good Times

So yes, I have been in a slump lately, but seriously, it would be remiss of me not to mention some of my better days.  And honestly, I've had more of them than not.  A week or so ago my twelve-year old niece, Desiree, stayed with me for two days.  She's a joy.  During her visit, we went to the movies and saw Despicable Me 2, and The Immortal Instruments.  I wanted to take her to a couple of scary R rated movies but couldn't reach her mom to get permission.  Shoot!  Anyway, we also went to PT. Defiance Park, and ate whatever we wanted to eat.  On the way home, we stopped at The Lobster Shop on the waterfront, and got two orders of clams in lots of butter, and my niece had some kind of taco thingy with a Shirley Temple, while I had the real deal in a sweet tea concoction.  Yum. Hey, it was happy hour, and I love my grown up drinks.

Oh and before starting out for the park we stopped for a short visit with an old friend of my mom's.  Below, on left is a picture of Sam, mom's friend's granddaughter, then me in the middle, and my Desiree.  Those two days were fun, I really had a good time, and I think my niece enjoyed herself too. Good times kick bad time's butt every time!



Let's just celebrate each day with good times!


 
“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.”

A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment