Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Little Prayer


Dear God,

I was thinking if you could just still the waters of pain, and disease and war and injustice, then I could breathe.

Please Lord of my soul and my heart; just hold everything still so I can catch my breath.

Do you hear me?

My heart is bleeding.  I’m scared. My mind is full of worry.  I’m weeping.

Please just hold this world still for a minute so I can catch up.

Are you listening?

And there you were.  In a whisper that is the wind.  And the sound of the ocean that is the sea.
 
Dear child,

You be still, and know that I’ve got you.

I’ve got you.

Let your heart be healed, lead your soul to calm, be at peace.

I’ve got you.

Amen. Amen. 

written by A.Y.

Psalm 46:10

English Standard Version (ESV)

10 “Be still, and know that I am God.
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth!”


 

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Angie, Thank you for your prayers of good health for us. We are in Rovinj Croatia and you have been in our prayers. We lit candles in churches, with our prayers for you, in Zagreb Croatia and Bled Slovenia (one of the most beautifully mystical places we have ever seen, God must be close to such an amazing place). As our travels continue, you will remain in our prayers and candles will be lit for you at every opportunity. Our love and prayers for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy! Have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angie! We are enjoying our travels and seeing so many amazing places. It is wonderful to discover so much beauty in our world and you are always in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was there too. To see all that you are seeing.

    ReplyDelete