Saturday, January 4, 2014

Angels On Earth



I truly believe I have been converged on by angels and not just your everyday angels mind you, but angels with superpowers.  They can’t jump tall buildings with a single bound or sprout awesome wings from their spines like the Archangel St. Michael of course, but they are angels with superpowers all the same. With a single word they have eased the pain that takes root in my soul or dried the tears from my eyes or calmed the fear that festers down deep within me.  I’ve known most of these angels for years, just ordinary, extraordinary people that have always been a part of my life for what feels like forever.  I call some of these angels my family; my sons, my daughter-in-law, a niece, a nephew, a sister, a brother, a friend, a colleague or a faraway cousin I’ve communicated with on social media but have never even met.

There are angels, both women and men, whom I may never meet in the flesh but have interacted with on line; people who’ve felt and experienced my trials and yet still reach out to me to comfort with magic words that soothe and heal like a salve, people who are willing to share what’s left of their own strength and inner peace with me.  And who am I?  Just a faraway woman bleeding on a page in a blog about cancer, about buckets of tears, about a life altered and changed – sharing similarities to their own lives – just a woman lost in a strange space with cancer.  And yet, these angels with superpowers have become my champions, holding me tight so I don’t just float away.  My anchor.

My angels have indomitable courage and hearts filled to capacity with empathy and compassion.  They are warriors in this fight against cancer and will not stop until this battle has been won and cancer has been wiped off the face of the earth as the blight that it is.  So you see?  I have cancer to thank that I am now encapsulated by angels on earth. How lucky am I?
  
Cancer tries to emasculate me and leave me with nothing, but it fails miserably, because of my angels.  What’s that song?  I was blind but now I see. Yeah.  My eyes are opened wide.  My heart is opened wide.  My soul is bared for all to see.  Cancer did this.  And you know what?  I’m grateful.  Instead of just going through the motions, I can now participate and really see what's happening in this life I'm living, which allows me to truly appreciate. How many people can say that?

Through blogging and reading other people's blogs I've been invited into their hearts and lives and what an honor that is.  I hope that my story has also touched someone else's life where perhaps they feel less alone and more connected.  Hey, my halo has a slightly wicked lean to the left but I wouldn't mind being considered someones angel.

To all of you angels out there, I thank you for reading my blog and for all your kind words, comfort and support!  Stay happy, be healthy, capture and mentally frame all your precious moments!



The time at our disposal each day is elastic; the passions we feel dilate it, those that inspire us shrink it, and habit fills it. Marcel Proust

The time at our disposal each day is elastic; the passions we feel dilate it, those that inspire us shrink it, and habit fills it.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marcelprou400527.html#EzemGtL9YJC7sZkE.99
The time at our disposal each day is elastic; the passions we feel dilate it, those that inspire us shrink it, and habit fills it.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marcelprou400527.html#hCw6l36rfyXkWZ9w.99

The time at our disposal each day is elastic; the passions we feel dilate it, those that inspire us shrink it, and habit fills it.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marcelprou400527.html#EzemGtL9YJC7sZkE.99

11 comments:

  1. You have definitely been an angel to me! Your words always help me smile, remind me of what's truly important and touches my heart. Love you sister!! Sending you prayers for healing, love and hugs from way over here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Sistah! Thank you for your kind words and hugs. Right back at you!!

      Delete
  2. My favorite angel, stay strong. Loving you always, big sister Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super woman. .. hear you roar! You're amazing and an Angel yourself! Cancer is something that we fight...not what we are. Cancer has no power in itself. . We give the disease this power by surrendering to the fears that accompany. I too thank God for showing me the strength to survive. Not because I am physically alive.. but because of cancer... I, like you, am truly alive. Living each day to the fullest and never waiting until tomorrow. . . It's Been 15 years for me since they told me that I was in remission. And, every now and then I am reminded that tomorrow is not promised. Don't allow something that you are going through be your definition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joni. You are truly a wise woman. I appreciate your comments. You inspire me to keep marching forward! Take care dear friend!

      Delete
  4. Let there be no doubt in your heart, Angeline. You are truely an angel and have touched the hearts of countless readers of your blog and those who see your posts in other ways (linked, reposted, forwarded via email, etc.) I am proud that you are one of mine. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the perspective and hope you've given me. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...By the way, I added a link to your blog on my site here: http://kenlundgreen.com/links/. I hope you don't mind.

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh Ken - thank you so much for your kind words. It really touches my heart that the expressions in my blog has touched yours. You truly humble me and I am honored to be your angel. You take good care of yourself my friend.

      Delete
    3. And I'm honored that you've linked my blog. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Ken - I just finished your latest post on wordpress however it wouldn't allow me to leave a message -- forgot my wordpress password and username from days gone by so registered again but still couldn't leave a message so thought I'd go this route and hope you receive my comments. I'm so sorry your latest chemo therapy has been rough. It's sucks! I thought Monday was my last one until my vacation beginning 3/29 but I was informed two more months of chemo -- yuk! We will get through this for sure, and in the meantime I'm praying for you to be converged on by all who love and support to get you through the rough times onward to good days. They're coming and will be worth everything! God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete