Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Happy"


It's Sunday, I'm feeling particularly good today listening to the rain playing against the window as if it can't decide whether it wants to present itself as a downpour or a misty tease.  I love days like this, where sitting in front of a fire reading a good book -- oops, don't have a fireplace handy right now so that's out -- or just being lazy in bed all toasty warm while chilly temperatures are playing outside,  seems like the perfect thing to be doing at any given moment.  I'm thinking about jumping into my car and heading to the store for some popcorn and then watching a couple of movies I picked up today, but again...I'm feeling so lackadaisical right now I can't even seem to get the motivation to lift my butt up from the chair. 

Anyway, let me just move forward with an quick update.  Chemo last Monday came and went and to be honest I've actually been doing pretty good.  I do have to say, and I'm not sure if this is normal, but it's getting to the point where just thinking about chemo -- checking into "the room", getting plugged in with blood drawn and finally having the drugs pumping through my body, causes me to become extremely nauseous. I'm now even having a difficult time eating anything at all while sitting in "the room" during the process because of the nasty feeling I get in the pit of my stomach which occurs before the chemo is even administered.  I cringe just thinking about it. To be honest, I can actually feel it coming on the morning of the momentous event.  I know it's my mind playing with me but it feels real all the same.  On another note, my doctor had informed me that February 17th was my last treatment until I returned from Mexico but he mistakenly thought my trip was earlier in March instead of the end of the month.  Shoot!  So, it looks like I will be having treatment March 3rd along with a CT scan and also on March 17th.  I'll be recovering from the effects of chemo just in time to fly off to sunny Mexico.  But hey...you know what?  What do I have to complain about this La Dama is going to Mexico!  As I've said, in this moment, I'm good and and can't fuss too much -- although I do because I'm wired to whine.  Okay, so that's all I've got for now. 

So listen, I was driving in my car the other day and this song came on the radio called "Happy".  It got my toes to tapping, my fingers snapping and my head a bobbing so I wanted to share the attached clip with you.  I hope it comes through on your cell.  It's okay to be silly for a minute, to completely lose yourself in this catchy beat! Whatever you're going through, however you're feeling about life and it's role in yours -- claim your piece of happy in this moment right now, and have a really wonderful week. 

Hey this song is for all of us so don't hold back -- shout it out so the neighbors can hear you!  Because...?

You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/epicurus119456.html#hwp9xyoWL54rZcej.99
"...I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don’t hold back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I’ll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don’t waste your time
Here’s why


Because I'm Happy!"


You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.

 

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Angeline. You always help me put things in perspective, I'm starting to feel better after some rough side effects from chemo almost two weeks ago so my happy is coming. Thanks for helping to keep me positive.

    Ken

    Sorry about the delete. Neuropathy is messing with my typing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken - you're in my thoughts often and it hurts my heart that you've had some rough times but definitely sounds like better times are on the way - Yes! I'm so glad what I have to say gives you some comfort. It really makes everything worthwhile -- good, bad and ugly. You keep on keepin' on and I will put all my energy into doing the same. We've got this! One moment at a time!!

      Delete
  3. Keep up the positive attitude. It helps me to also keep things in perspective. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "Happy" song too! It's a catchy song! I have a quick question for you and was wondering if you could email me when you have a free moment. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon. :-)

    xoxo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather - I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to address your question to my email at ayarger0107@aol.com. Take care!

      Delete
  5. I hope you're still singing that song, feeling that way, and haven't had time to blog. Time to get those toenails painted, get your bag packed, and get out of town. I miss your writing but that isn't important, I'm wishing you an especially wonderful getaway!! Really, get away from all this, laugh and have fun! XO W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missing reading from you as well. . . Hope you have an amazing time! Our thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete