Monday, May 26, 2014

Aloha!


Hey it's me, and here's my disclaimer.  I, Angie, promise really hard not to bore you with too many details of my trip however I can't promise that you won't be bored by the butt load of pictures attached.  I do love my pictures. There you have it.



I have to say, my flight over the ocean was literally smooth sailing. Yeah -- that's the analogy I'm sticking with, smooth sailing.  I mean, seriously, that plane flew through the sky with as much finesse as a big steamer cutting through the gargantuan waves of the Atlantic. 


Hawaii was grand!  I loved the blue skies -- well, when it wasn't raining that is -- and the bluer than blue ocean.  I loved the food, and the people -- so friendly, and I absolutely loved staying at the Hale Koa, a hotel for military, civil service workers and their families.  It was huge, and the rooms were roomy; the place is right on the water next to the Hawaiian Hilton.  Did I mention I loved the weather while I was there?  It was absolutely perfect; almost as if it were designed especially for someone going through chemo who really shouldn't be subjected to a lot of direct sunlight.  As for my health, well, the trip was a combination of ups and downs which I made the most of but for this post only, I’d like to focus only on the up times because those are the times that kept the smile on my face and one foot moving in front of the other, and I won't lie, at times that proved to be some kind of challenge, but I digress.


Seeing my handsome son, Michael, all dressed up in cap and gown made my heart burst with mega pride.  The graduation date was Monday, May 12th at 7:00 pm at Chaminade University.  I have to say, it was a bit offsetting at first because I noticed as we were herded down the rows to our seats there weren't a lot people in the crowd particularly dressed up for the occasion.  The attire was mostly Hawaiian shirts and shorts or other way, way causal attire.  But I guess that’s Hawaii’s way of doing things.  In Hawaii you're on vacation 24/7 -- not to shabby.  Hmmm…my son informed that if we were to go up into some of businesses in the high rises during week days most business men wear their Hawaiian shirts with slacks. Oh well…I’m not complaining it was just an interesting point.  If I could afford to live in Hawaii I’d be casualled down and on the beach every chance I got.  Below is a picture of me, Michael and my granddaughter, Diamond, after the ceremony.  We're standing in front my favorite restaurant, Bubba Gumps.  Unfortunately, I don't have a shot of Michael in cap and gown because by the time he met us at the restaurant he’d disrobed and promised (hasn’t happened yet) to take a picture for me and send it later.  Uh huh…I’ve heard that one before.


My son and his wife, Melisssa!


Melissa's mom, Diamond, Melissa and her dad (aka my son's in-laws)


We attended two luau's during my stay in Hawaii and they were spectacular.  At the first one, which was on a cruise ship, we had a wonderful and authentic meal with entertainment from the beautiful Hawaiian men and women who danced for us -- hula dancing.  It was so much fun.  More pictures below!

View of the sunset from our cruise ship.


 The second Luau was held at one of Hawaii's large malls.  Again, we had a great meal with specular entertainment by hula dancers and then went into a theater for a performance by some really amazing impersonators, Elvis, Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga!  They were incredible performers and I had a really good time.  This was actually one of the best tribute shows I've ever seen.  If ever in Hawaii check out Legends In Concert Waikiki Legends In Concert Waikiki.  Take my word on it, you will not regret it! :)






Okay I literally have a ton more pictures but it's time to bring this to a close.  Above is a picture of my beloved son and granddaughter on my last night in Hawaii at a buffet, which was de-li-cious I might add.  



Wishing you all the very best in your days.  Aloha and Mahalo!



Live for today, love for tomorrow, and laugh at all your yesterdays. Never regret the past, always hope for the future, and cherish every moment you have.  

Nishen Panwar



3 comments:

  1. I was just checking in to say "I MISS YOU"!! What's up? Your trip sounds wonderful, I understand there were health ups and downs, but you did it and you look so beautiful. Seriously beautiful, in every picture!! Congrats to Michael, you must be so proud. Welcome home, now rest and concentrate on taking care of yourself. We love you!! X (yes, that IS a kiss, on your cheek if you prefer, of course) O (that's a hug, acceptable?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your trip to Hawaii happened and you got to enjoy time with your son and his family. You all look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not boring pictures!!! Never been so I was living through them. I'm so glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete