Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fourteen Things I'm Thankful For

  1. Tony and Michael
  2. My Diamond
  3. My sister Vickie, who has a heart the size of Mt. Rushmore, for being my big sister at just that moment in life when I needed one. 
  4. My niece Debbie who has taught me to step outside the box every now and then to experience life raw and to always find room for laughter that makes my gut hurt.
  5. My bestest friend in the whole wide world
  6. Waking up every morning bright eyed and bushy tailed.  Is that how that saying goes? Sounds weird.  What is a bushy tail?
  7. The balled spot at the top of my head.  It reminds me to stop whining and to be grateful that the rest of my head is now covered with new hair that isn't nappy.  Hey!
  8. Brothers like Kenny.  I still miss you every single day!  I've been seeing previews for 24 coming back on.  But I can't watch it without you here.
  9. German chocolate cake, banana wafer pudding, chocolate chip cookies warm out of the oven, Rocky Road candy bars and Reuben sandwiches which I've only taken a liking to since mom passed. It was one of her favorites.
  10. Months of ease with no pain
  11. Friends, friends so many good, loving, devoted and angelic friends!
  12. Pizza with lots of cheese
  13. Um...gaudy jewelry.  The kind that can only be found on QVC or Shop HQ.  Yeah I said it.
  14. That God never gives up on me even when I'm a pain in the butt!

If we remembered everyday that we could lose someone at any moment, we would love them more fiercely and freely, and without fear- not because there is nothing to lose, but because everything can always be lost.

Emily Rapp

4 comments:

  1. Gaudy jewelry? Save the date: Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday we hit the swap meet at Aloha Stadium!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! I love that swap meet

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! Hope you are doing good, I noticed you haven't posted in a week so I wanted to check in on you. Always in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Angie, We hope you are enjoying every second of your visit and your health is cooperating. We are sending healing energy your direction every day. Love the Harley. Our love and best wishes to you and your special family. W and Bobbe XX (yes, those are kisses ;-) OO

    ReplyDelete