Monday, April 15, 2013

Quick Update

I actually had a really positive day today, and after my channelling Job yesterday, from the Book of Job in the bible, I felt I owed you an update with something a bit more uplifting. 

My friend, Vivienne and Richard gave me the transport to my appointment.  They live all the way in Bellevue and came to Tacoma to get me.  Unbelievable.  Sometimes I'm just amazed and overwhelmed at all the attention and love. I am being crazy spoiled and loving it! Richard dropped us off in front and promised to come back to pick up us after the therapy. We got to the appointment early so I checked in at the front desk, and then Vivienne and I decided to head for the cafeteria. We munched on some muffins and caught up on some past due gossip like old times.  It was really nice.  Then later in the morning Roxanne and Sylvia showed up.  They brought me a large hot chocolate from Delattantes.  Oh my...it was chocolaty heaven and still really hot the way I embrace it.  Yeah, it was that good.  My goodness!  Thank you ladies!

My chemo drip today went well.  The doctor said that I'm handling the chemo like a champ.  Because I've had a 10 pound weight gain from 160 to 170 (dagnabbit), they decided to increase the dosage today.  The doc was okay with the weight gain, me not so much.  But apparently the fact that I'm able to gain weight is now considered a good thing when you are a pancreatic cancer patient. Who knew? Remember in my post yesterday I mentioned having a dark spot on my skin that rubbed off when I touched it?  Apparently this is common.  The skinning is due to the chemo as apparently over time the skin becomes very thin.  Doctor advised keeping an eye open for these dark spots and bandage them up with a bit of Neosporin and a little TLC.  I can do that.  The eyes dripping like a broken faucet,  another side affect of the chemo -- requires some eye drops to keep them from getting dried out. So there you have it, easy solutions to annoying problems.  I do know I'm blessed not having to deal with issues any more serious than these.

“Head up, heart open. To better days!”


1 comment:

  1. "Easy solutions to annoying problems". Good philosophy, keep that in your mind. When Bobbe was having chemo, he thought at least he might lose some weight. His docs, nurses, etc were all thrilled when he didn't lose a pound. Weight is viewed differently during chemo. Don't worry about the weight gain. You have proven you can lose weight and you will again, IF you need to, when the time is right. Now it's all about beating cancer and you will!

    ReplyDelete