Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chemo Monday

First let me start off by chastising myself for not updating this thing more often.  I'm ridiculous, and lazy. Okay, got that out of the way.

I started off Monday with a CT Scan to get an idea of whether the chemo was doing it's thing.  And you know what...?  It's kicking butt, yes it is!  My doctor was very pleased.  My blood work is excellent and he had no complaints.   After my Chemo next Monday, I only have two more infusions in June and then I will be meeting with my surgeon, Dr. Roca, late June in preparation for the big surgery.  Oh yea! 

There are so many people I owe, literally my life, and my sanity, and my heart to because without them I would have less heart, be without courage and without enough faith to get through dark days.  These folks helped to strengthen all of these things in me by standing by and holding me up.  Seriously, I have not had one chemo infusion where I was entirely alone. From the close knit group of family and colleagues/friends whom I've worked with for so many years...you've all carried me through this ordeal and I am sooooo very grateful for the love and support.  

All I can say is THANK YOU for the cards, and the words of encouragement, the rides to and from my chemo sessions, the homemade goodies, and loving me as I was and as I am now.  My soul thanks all of you!


“In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.”
Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia    

No comments:

Post a Comment