Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday Already?

Happy Thursday!  Well, after two days on antibiotics I'm happy to report fingers have stopped bleeding and smelling.  Yea!  I'm actually typing without band aids covering my fingers this morning.  They can breathe.  My work out yesterday was so-so, only made it around the lake twice before my energy spirit turned right when I turned left so had to call it quits.  But that's okay.  Some days are better than others.  Kudos to me for rolling out of the bed.

Today, my mood is much improved, and I'm heading off to the gym for my work out.  The day started off with a call from my good friend Deborah, and she reminded me in that not-so-subtle way of hers, how much she cares about me, and how important it is that I care about me.  So here's me getting off the pity potty.  My first goal today is one hour on the elliptical.  Goal number two is to NOT gorge on sweets.  Since being diagnosed with cancer I've fallen back on some really bad habits:  cookies, ice cream, cakes, pie, candy...yum-yum.  I need to limit my intake and then omit these empty calories all together.  Reminder to self:  Diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension!  Besides all that, cancer gorges itself on sugar and every time I consume it I am feeding that monster in my body!

Wish me luck on my work out and my goals for healthy living and eating!

Baby steps.  You've done it before, you can do it again!!


“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
Winston Churchill

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have the courage to continue. You also have the good wishes, prayers, and shared strength of so many people who care about you! So happy your fingers are healing.

    ReplyDelete