Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Short & Sweet

Okay, so here's me keeping my update short and sweet.

My chemo drip went well this past Monday.  Side effects are at a minimum, which means I'm doing pretty darn good.  My finger nails are the only things getting on my nerves right now because they can't decide whether to just fall off and let it be.  They are super tender and starting to bleed again.  Annoying! However, as that is my only peeve right now I consider myself very fortunate.  Dr. Picozzi has scheduled me for a scan on May 20th which will give them an idea of whether the treatment is shrinking the tumor. In June, I'll have my last scan and a meeting with the surgeon to see if we can proceed.  Yippy -- hopefully close to the end of this treatment! According to the doctor, if we can't proceed consideration will have to given to some kind of radiation therapy in order to attack the tumor from a different perspective and hopefully render it completely helpless.  This option is available only if the cancer has not spread.  So...please say your prayers that we can just proceed with the surgery in July as scheduled.  I'd really like to move on to the next step.

For today, I'm off to my workout and since the sun is non existent I think I will walk at Wapato park today.  I've learned that one of the chemo drugs I'm on makes me hypersensitive to the sun so I've been avoiding the park last few days and going to the gym instead.  I'm looking forward to enjoying a walk around the lake.


Today is a great day for positivity! I like that word.


Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment